1. What is The Thome Rivertown Senior Apartments?
- A four-story senior apartment community for seniors 62 years of age and older who meet the income requirements. (See below for details)
- Fifty one-bedroom apartments (540 sq. ft.) that are cable-ready, have wall-to-wall carpeting, emergency call systems, individually controlled heating and cooling, and fully equipped kitchens with refrigerator/freezer and stove. Specially designed apartments for mobility-impaired residents are also available.
- The community has a common room, lounge area, TV room, library/computer room and laundry room.
2. Where are The Thome Rivertown Senior Apartments?
- It is located on McDougall Street in Detroit, Michigan, on the corner of Walker and Franklin Streets.
3. Who are the partners of The Thome Rivertown Senior Apartments?
- Presbyterian Villages of Michigan and United Methodist Retirement Community, who are premier senior and aging service, non-profit organizations in Michigan.
4. What are the residency requirements?
- Potential residents must be at least 62 years of age.
- Incomes must not exceed the gross annual income of $22,650 for one-person and $25,850 for a two-person household.
- Pass a credit/criminal background check.
- Rent is based on 30% of residents’ adjusted gross annual income and the remaining rent is covered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
5. How will applications be processed?
- Applications will be time & date stamped, then processed in the order they are received, starting on March 26th at 10 a.m.
- Applications received by mail will be date & time stamped upon receipt of the mail.
6. Inquiries about residency?
- Contact us at 313.259.9000 or visit www.pvm.org